Yesterday I went Christmas shopping for my mother, sister, and roommate and I wondered into Sephora. For those of you who do not know what Sephora is, it is a very pricey beauty supply store. While I was roaming through the very crowded aisles I noticed two very interesting things. There were so many different types of make-up each made by different companies except basically each company sold the same products. The next thing I noticed was the obscene prices. I knew stepping into the store the prices were high but when I saw a eyeliner for 18 dollars my jaw hit the floor. So what does this have to do with art? This got me thinking about two interesting questions that related to art.
1. How does the quality of the materials used in art effect it as a work of art?
2. Can make-up artist's really be artist's?
I responded to one of your questions.
ReplyDeletehttp://denisesphlog.blogspot.com/2010/11/make-up-art.html